Hailed by Lefty Kreh as the best fly-tying book and by Field & Stream as "a bible of invaluable secrets” this revised third edition of the fly-tying classic is a valuable resource for both beginner and expert tiers. One will learn to tie effective and durable flies as efficiently as possible with tips on materials for tailing, ribbing, bodies, wings, hackling and much more. It also includes tool advice and setting up a workshop. Revised and updated with new materials and patterns this fly-tying book will be an invaluable resource for both beginner and expert tier.
- Learn to tie effective, durable flies as efficiently as possible
- Tips on materials for tailing, ribbing, bodies, wings, hackling and more
- Includes tool advice and setting up a workshop
- Revised and updated with new materials and patterns
- Foreword by John Gierach
- Illustrated throughout with over 300 colour photographs
- Invaluable resource for both amateur and experienced tier
A K Best has tied flies for over forty years and fly fished even longer. He teaches classes, makes videotapes, and ties flies for locally owned shops throughout the United States and has written several articles for Fly Rod & Reel, Mid-Atlantic Fly Fishing Guide, Fly Fishing & Tying Journal, and Fly Fisherman. His previous titles include Fly Tying with A K (978-0-8117-0375-8). He lives in Colorado, USA.
- Book Specifications
Sub Heading The Best Advice for Tying Quality Flies Easier and Faster Third Edition ISBN 9780811714815 Author A K Best Binding Paperback Extent 280 x 216mm, 224 pages Illustrations 330 colour photographs Ebook No
- Look Inside 🔍