In the twelve years since his landmark book Pop Fleyes, Bob Popovics has continued to develop new fly patterns and improve old favourites. His new book, Fleye Design, includes over 12 new patterns and variations, with contributions from a new generation of fly tiers who have been influenced by his signature style. It covers the Bucktail Deceiver, the Hollow Fleye, and other new patterns that have greatly influenced saltwater tying in the past ten years, improves on old favourites, such as a full update for the Surf Candy and features contributions from well-known tiers – Steve Farrar, Dave Skok, Johnny King, David Nelson, Paul Dixon, and Nick Curcione.
‘The most innovative fly tier I have ever known.’ Lefty Kreh
‘Bob Popovics has brought more creative ideas to the table in the last two decades than any other tier out there.’ Dan Blanton
- New fly patterns and old favourites improved upon by innovative fly tier, Bob Popovics, author of the bestselling Pop Fleyes
- Includes 12 new patterns and variations
- Contributions from a new generation of fly tiers who have been influenced by the author’s signature style
- Features contributions from well known tiers such as Steve Farrar, Dave Skok, Johnny King to name but a few
- Beautifully illustrated throughout with over 600 colour photographs
Bob Popovics is the founder of the Atlantic Salt Water Flyrodders, advisory member of TFO rods, and a Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame and Catskill Fly Fishing Museum Hall of Fame inductee. He is the co-author of Pop Fleyes (978-0-8117-1439-6) with Ed Jaworowski. He lives in New Jersey, USA.
Jay Nichols is the former managing editor of Fly Fisherman magazine and lives in Pennsylvania, USA. His previous titles include 1001 Fly Fishing Tips (978-0-9793460-1-9).
- Book Specifications
Sub Heading Techniques, Insights, Patterns ISBN 9780811713238 Author Bob Popovics and Jay Nichols Binding Casebound Extent 280 x 216mm, 270 pages Illustrations 637 colour photographs and 6 illustrations Ebook No
- Look Inside 🔍
You may also be interested in the following product(s)