This second edition of Joan Wulff’s New Fly-Casting Techniques has been comprehensively updated with new content, illustrations, photographs that will illuminate Joan Wulff’s extraordinary life, and a complete rewrite of the text. This is a richly illustrated guide that offers precise terms for every part of the cast, with sections on line speed, improving accuracy and distance, loop control, and much more. In its first edition, Joan Wulff’s Fly-Casting Techniques became an instant classic, revolutionizing the art form of fly casting and changing how an entire generation approached the sport.
‘If you’re going to get one casting book, get this one.’ Fly Rod and Reel
- For everyone who fishes with a fly rod or perfect for those who want to learn
- Features precise terms for every part of the cast
- Comprehensively updated with new content, illustrations and photographs
- Beautifully illustrated by David Shepherd
- Sections on improving accuracy and distance, loop control, shooting lines, aerial mending, the double haul and much more
- Also covers correcting common mistakes
Joan Wulff is the first instructor to unravel the mystery of fly casting to the point of pioneering a set of mechanics. These were presented in her book, Joan Wulff’s Fly Casting Techniques. She is also the author of Joan Wulff’s Fly Fishing: Expert Advice from a Woman’s Perspective, and Joan Wulff’s Fly Casting Accuracy.
- Book Specifications
Sub Heading Second Edition ISBN 9781493022649 Author Joan Wulff Binding Paperback Extent 224 pages, 280 x 213mm Illustrations Colour throughout Ebook No
'Joan Wulff's New Fly-Casting Techniques is a bible for fly fishers around the world who wish to perfect the art of fly casting and understand the techniques and mechanics so as to master them. With clear instruction aided by very useful diagrams, this is definitely a book all fly anglers should have on their shelves.' Paul Sharman, Fish & Fly
- Look Inside 🔍